Smurfitt Kappa Birmingham – Electrical Maintenance ApprenticeJuly 27, 2022
Smurfitt Kappa Residents GroupSeptember 6, 2022
Smurfit Kappa are based in Nechells and are recruiting for a Mechanical Maintenance Apprentic to join their team.
For more information please visit the government apprenticeship website here or read the below summary:
Total hours per week: 36.50
Level 3 (A level)
This apprenticeship will teach you mechanical core skill principles. You will initially spend your first year off-the-job training at Make UK training centre for 5 days. The second year you will be based at Make UK for one day, and on-the-job training at the company for 4 days to get practical experience with members of our highly skilled Engineering Department.
You will be trained in a wide variety of areas such as:
- Health and Safety
- Forklift Truck
- Confined space
- Working at height
- Overhead crane
What you could be involved in:
- Shaft laser alignment
- Bearing changes
- Fitting and removing rolls
- Fitting pumps and motors
- Refurbish and service of pumps, gearboxes, rolls
- Specific improvement projects (conception through to completion)
- Hydraulic maintenance
- LEAN philosophy and improvements
Requirements and prospects
- Good problem solving methodology with a practical approach
- Team player
- Punctual and conscientious
- Good attention to detail
- 5 GCSEs at grade C (4) or above (or equivalent), to include maths, English and Science
To become a fully qualified Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to HNC standard with potential to progress further in the business within the engineering department and other departments if desired.
Things to consider
The role may involve working at heights and/or working in confined spaces (full training will be given).
About the employer
Smurfit Kappa, a FTSE 100 company, is one of the leading providers of paper-based packaging solutions in the world, with approximately 46,000 employees in over 350 production sites across 35 countries and with a revenue of €8.9 billion in 2018. We are located in 23 countries in Europe and 12 in the Americas.
Smurfit Kappa SSK, is an operating company of Smurfit Kappa and manufacturer packaging paper for the Corrugated Board Industry using recovered fibre as its base raw material.
EEF Apprentices and Skills
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by EEF LIMITED
Make UK Recruitment Team 01213447900 firstname.lastname@example.org
Together with invaluable commercial and practical experience, you’ll gain several academic and vocational qualifications throughout your time with us and Make UK, which are fully paid for, including:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
- Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
Level 3 (A level)