Nechells Community Litter Pick – Sunday 24th July 2022July 22, 2022
Smurfitt Kappa Birmingham – Electrical Maintenance ApprenticeJuly 27, 2022
Highway Traffic Management – Traffic Management Operative
Read More About The Role & Apply Here
About us and the role
Highway Traffic Management (HTM) supply traffic management solutions to contractors, local authorities and national highways to make the carriage way safe for others to undertake their work.
HTM are looking for several Traffic Management Operatives to join our company on a permanent basis, with various hours and contract types available to suit personal circumstances . This is an exciting trainee role for anyone who is interested in joining a well-established and growing company, in the West Midlands.
HTM are a Gold member of the Women in Construction and as a business who strives to be Streets Ahead, we want to continue that approach when it comes to inclusion, gender equality and diversity. This means promoting inclusivity and diversity within our own workforce as well as within the wider TTM industry, which is one that lacks sufficient female representation.
This has led to the creation of an initiative called ‘Target 40’, which acts as an aim for our business to increase the number of females within operational roles by introducing an additional 40 women into the business. Once we reach this milestone, this will become a target of 40% representation across our operational workforce.
Ideal candidate skills
- Hard working and proactive individuals
- Ideally full UK driving license
- Able to work as part of a team
Once training has been fulfilled, your main tasks will include but not be limited to;
- Organising all road signage and equipment required for the day
- Closing off roads as per instructions in line with all Health and Safety measures considered
- Maintaining road closures, operating manual traffic signals and ensuring pedestrian access is safe
- Removing all road signage and equipment in a safe manner or ensuring the road closure is safe for the public after hours
Type of closures
- Urban roads are predominantly installing, maintaining and removing portable signals (traffic lights), stop & go, road closures and lane closures.
- Motorways are managed very differently, but again normally will be either lane closures, full closures or static schemes (motorway upgrades).
What you will get in return
All operatives are supported and given suitable supervision through their basic training in order to fulfil the requirements of the role. We have a mentoring programme in place to support employees to achieve their goals within the workplace. HTM is very supporting of progression and development.
- £9.68 per hour if a driver, £9.57 per hour for non-drivers with an uplift if work unsociable hours as per contract
- Shifts are 8 – 10 hours per day, majority start time is 7am however some contracts will require you to start earlier due to travel, notice will be given. Days will differ depending on what contract you are on.
- Annual leave is 20 days plus bank holidays, will be pro rata if part time
- Opportunities for development as part of our mentoring programme in an inclusive, forward thinking Company
- Access to EAP programme for employees
- PPE and uniform provided
- Vehicles to travel to site once the team has met at the office
What to do next
If interested in this position, please apply now and we will be in contact to discuss the role and your experience soon.
Should you have any enquiries prior to applying, please contact Kirsty@cloverhr.co.uk who is managing the process.